How to Determine Your Skin Type
Do you know your skin type? If you don’t, take time to find out yours. It is significant to know your skin type if you desire a healthy and flawless skin. Understanding your skin type enables you to choose the right products that will work correctly for you. There are six major types of skin and include; normal, dry, oily, combination, sensitive and acne-prone.
Notice How Your Skin Feels
It is crucial to notice how your skin feels because the texture of your skin shows its actual nature.
- Combination skin- this type of skin feels oily in areas like the chin, nose, and forehead, but the other parts are normal or dry. If you realize two or more textures on your face, it merely means you have combination skin.
- Sensitive skin – it usually feels patchy, dry, and itchy.
- Normal skin- It feels balanced, and it is neither dry, oily, or sensitive.
- Dry skin- this type of skin will feel dry and tight. During winter, it will be flaky and crack.
- Oily skin- It feels shiny and greasy all over. If you are regularly using oil blotting sheets, it means you have oily skin.
Check Your Pores
Your skin type can be determined by your pores.
- Sensitive skin- individuals with this kind of skin have normal to large pores, but it can change depending on the skin care product used.
- Combination skin- It has large pores and are mostly clogged around the nose area, but seems unnoticed in other parts of the face.
- Normal skin – People with this type of skin have pores that are rarely noticed.
- Dry skin – people that have this skin type usually have small pores that mostly feel tight.
- Oily skin- It has large pores that are easily clogged with bodily secretion.
How Often Do You Need A Moisturizer?
The choice of moisturizer and the number of times you use a moisturizer shows how great your skin is at being hydrated.
- Sensitive skin- It needs a moisturizer twice daily. Ideal choice: opt for a serum/cream that has high concentrations of vitamin B5 that can hydrate while calming sensitive skin.
- Combination skin – Individuals with this type of skin periodically apply a moisturizer on some parts of their face that are drying excluding the T-zones.
- Normal skin- People with this type of skin can opt for a lightweight water-based moisturizer because the skin is already moisturized.
- Dry skin –people with this type of skin require a moisturizer throughout the day, especially after waking up or just after cleansing the face.
- Oily skin – People with oily skin don’t need to use a moisturizer often.
How Does Your Skin Feel After Cleansing?
- Combination – the skin will feel clean and refreshed
- Sensitive skin – After washing, it may feel itchy and dry on some parts of the skin
- Oily skin – the surface will feel clean and free from oil. However, the oil will return after a short while.
- Dry skin – for this type of skin, cleanup will make it even more drained, dehydrated and taut.